Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 16: NaNoWriMo 2012

On the sixteenth day of NaNoWriMo, my manuscript gave to me...

A stinkin' headache!

Yes, my dedicated readers and cheerleaders. A headache. Why? Plot problem. I am about to break into Act III. But the I don't feel that the Fhit has hit the Shan yet. In other words, I don't think the situation is bad enough for my hero.

To break into Act III, the hero must feel that there is no other choice but to enter that final battle. The hero must feel that death (physical or psychological) is imminent and the only choice is to face his fears.

I don't think I have that. What I have is okay... but okay is not good enough. It needs to be awesome. Courageous. Unexpected.

And it's a shame because up to that point I was tearing through the word count.

Day 16's total: 2,416
Overall: 44,121

Now, I have to take a step back and possibly do a bit of clean up work.

Wish me luck. And don't forget...

Fight the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...