Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 7: NaNoWriMo 2012

I'm tired, okay? I want to sleep!

That's what I continued to tell myself last night. But I had to write. I just had to.

Sure I could have taken the day off. Why not? I'm ahead of plan after all. But there was one reason above all that forced me to move forward. Shame.

Yeah, you heard me. I have to write my daily diary on this blog. I may not have a huge following but this series is getting a few hundred hits a day (thank you, by the way). So as you can see, that's pressure. Real pressure.

So if I had been smart, I would have done this whole "write a book in a month" thing in the privacy of my little room. And if I finished, then I would have told the world that I was done.

But that's the rub isn't it? It's easier to give up when no one is watching.

And since you guys are watching, I pushed through. It was sloppy, messy and painful (get your head out of the gutter!). Once I'm ready to revise, I may lose half of those words. But at least I have something to edit.

Day 7's total: 2,104
Overall: 18,694

Just Write and remember...

Fight the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...