Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 24: NaNoWriMo 2012

On this day, Wri changed to Rev...

In case you're not sure, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month.

I am now declaring that the Writing is done and I am officially in Revision mode.

After a day of struggling with the decision, last night I started the revision of the manuscript. A handful of espresso shots later, I am now ready to admit that I couldn't be happier with the decision.

The sub-plot brought with it a handful of other elements that are proving to be very valuable. But as I had suspected, I am not just working on the new sub-plot, I am doing a full on revision. Not ideal, as I don't have enough distance from the story, but that's okay.

As revisions go, the process usually includes removing things and adding things. In the net, I've added.

Day 24's total: 1,364
Overall: 52,767

Now my challenge is two-fold: can I finish the revisions by the end of Nov 30th? And can I hit 60,000 words by then?

I love challenges.

Fight the good fight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...