Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 18: NaNoWriMo 2012

Slow and stead as she goes...


The story is now in Act III. The battle has started and one by one my hero is tying the loose ends. The mystery is getting unraveled, but an unplanned event or two are about to kick my hero and team right in the shin.

This is when I get a burst of enthusiasm and try to go nuts on coffee just to reach the end. But this time, I'm going slowly. A satisfying mystery is not about who did it, but why they did it. It needs to resonate at a primal level. Ideally the reader will nearly feel for the antagonist.

Day 18's total: 1,130
Overall: 45,417

Will I wrap it up before I have to carve up the turkey and ham?

Let's see what I can get done tonight.

Fight the good fight!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...